Deadline : 15 February 2013.
- Answer to the main Survey : click here for Survey in English; for survey in Chinese (available on 30/1); Survey in Russian (available on 29/1); Survey in French (available on29/1); For Survey in Farsi (available on 31/1)
- (after filling the main survey – If you want to Add other SCHEME level feedbacks – click here (NOTE: for Chinese, Russian, French, à fill again Part 1 + Part 5 of main survey above)
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), its Regional Office for Asia and Pacific, its Land and Water Division and the International Commission of Irrigation and Drainage are undertaking a survey on the uses and knowledge of the tools and products to support Irrigation Modernization.
This global survey is addressed to FAO projects, ICID members, Irrigation experts, project managers, field technicians, policy makers and other key stakeholders with competences in the field of irrigation modernization. You have been identified as one of them.
The aim of the survey is to:
- obtain your feedback on the existing tools and products developed by FAO and in particular MASSCOTE family of tools
- identify your needs related to your area of work on irrigation modernization
- inform the process for improving the provision of targeted tools and products to support irrigation modernization processes to suit your and other user needs.
This survey ask for general feedback on MASSCOTTE tools implementation and improvement and details at scheme level. (NOTE: Only one scheme can be documented in this survey. We are interested to document more schemes if possible. If you can provide feedbacks on other schemes, please fill the "scheme survey". https://www.research.net/s/IrrigationModernizationSchemeLevel (the link is repeated at the end of the survey).
We also offer you the opportunity for contributing to improving or developing new tools and sharing information on irrigation modernization. Please provide your full contact information so that we can communicate directly with you as appropriate.
We will be grateful if you could take time to respond to this survey that will be closed on the 15 February 2013.
Results will immediately be synthesized to be discussed at an expert meeting on irrigation modernization end of February that will plan for the next generation of irrigation modernization support tools.
We believe the outcomes of the survey and then of the workshop will be of interest to you and your partners and all stakeholders working on irrigation modernization. We will share the outcomes with you by end of March.
We look forward your contribution.
Thierry Facon (FAO-RAP), Robina Wahaj (FAO) and Gao Zhanyi (President ICID)
* a definition of irrigation modernization (FAO consultation on modernization, Bangkok 1996): "Irrigation modernization is a process of technical and managerial upgrading (as opposed to mere rehabilitation) of irrigation schemes combined with institutional reforms, with the objective to improve resource utilization (labor, water, economic, environmental) and water delivery service to farms."
** If you have problem filling the survey and/or wish to receive a word or PDF version, please contact